I can’t believe it’s only 3 more days to Christmas. Pre christmas each year, I would make a festive sweet.
Last year, I made shortbread cookies with my son. This year I decided to make Candy cane peppermint bark.
They are delicious with coffee after your Christmas meal and great as a festive gift too.
The recipe is really simple.
1. Melt thick chunks of cooking Belgian white chocolate in the microwave for around 20-30 seconds.
2. Remove and stir.
3. Place the candy canes in a Ziplock bag and bash it to chunks with a rolling pin.
4. Mix the crumbled candy into the chocolate mixture but save some for later.
5.Line a pan with non-stick foil. Pour chocolate onto foil.
6. Scatter more of the broken candy on top. Place in fridge and this will solidify in 15-20 mins.
7. Remove and break chocolate up to desired sized chunks.
Simple as can be and so delicious. I must admit I did this at midnight and whilst I was bashing away at the candy, it did cross my mind that my neighbours may have thought someone was trying to break in. Apologies if you are my neighbour!
Here’s one my son took as a gift for his best friend for a play date. Just add some fragrant rosemary sprigs and a gift tag.
Hope you’ve enjoyed this post. I will actually be swiftly back on Tuesday evening to show you some of my Christmas preparations. Have a lovely week! x