I’m looking forward to going back to Cologne in January 2024, to attend imm cologne.
imm cologne is one of Germany’s largest interiors and furniture fair, and next year it will be even bigger and better.
I recently had the pleasure of attending their press round table dinner event in Paris on board a yacht on the river Seine to hear about their plans for imm cologne 2024 It was a lovely event, we also got to see all the major sites up close, including the eiffel tower. The image above, is one that I photographed on Bastille day.
During June of this year, I attended their first fair since the Covid pandemic.
It was a smaller fair than usual, but despite that, I was inspired by all the design and furniture that I saw, which I shared on instagram.
Cologne is a beautiful and picturesque town.
I got to explore it after the fair was over.Running alongside the fair, were a few design week exhibitions in town too. I am hopeful this will happen in January too.January 2024’s imm Cologne fair has 6 central themes:
- Social Trend – Looking at the increasing relevance of communal concepts, such as coworking, coliving and community gardening.
- Connecting the Industry – unifying participants in the sector.
- Content – An event programme full of highlights. For example, there will be the Pure Talents contest, the installation circle showcasing innovative concepts from young designers, a Sleep lounge organised with the German mattress Industry as a space to network, Brand circles to enable fair participants to position themselves as a brand, and a Circle cafe and studio with curated speakers.
- Industry relevance
- The Circles – new concept halls featuring areas to meet and transfer knowledge, and areas to experience gastronomy whilst networking.
- Emotional charge – connecting attendees and participants to foster a sense of community and collaboration.
The fair is divided into 3 sections:
- Pure – showcasing high end premium brands and designs.
- Home – stylish interiors that focuses on the upmarket, young and clever lifestyle concept.
- Sleep – revolutionary concepts that maximises the comfort of sleep.
I am looking forward to attending the fair in January, and reporting back on all the new trends and furniture designs. Watch this space.
If you are trade, and looking to exhibit at a fair, I highly recommend exploring imm Colgne 2024. See you there.
If you fancy, you can read my previous posts on imm Cologne here.